Corruption is the tumour that India is trying to get rid of, for ages. The economy takes a hit every time one pays extra money to acquire a service or an object. Many don’t understand that even the smallest instance of corruption make a big impact on the country’s economy. Every paisa spent in gathering special benefit is an insult to those who work hard and honestly.
According to the recently published Corruption Perception Index 2015 by Transparency International, a global organisation, India stands as the 76th least corrupt country in the world.
Here are some points you must know:
1. India’s score of 38, measured from the reports gathered by the Transparency International, has been the same as last year. However, it made a 2-point increment from the reports of 2013 and 2012. India’s rank in 2014 was 85 and 94 in 2013.
2. The Corruption Perception Index 2015 includes 168 countries in the list and evaluates each, on a scale of 0 (highly corrupt) to 100 (very clean).
3. Corruption not only cripples a country’s economy, it also gives rise to other inhuman practices such as child labour, human trafficking, child mortality, illiteracy, environmental hazards and most importantly terrorism.
4. If corruption is prevalent in a country, everything that can be bought or sold becomes a means to exploit the poor.
5. The countries at the bottom of the Corruption Perception Index 2015 are South Sudan with a score of 15, Sudan (12), Afghanistan (11), North Korea(8) and Somalia (8).
6. The top-scoring countries are Netherlands (87), New Zealand (88), Sweden (89), Finland (90) and Denmark (91).
7. Although the top-scoring countries are being hailed as the model economic states, some of their foreign policies are contradictory to their corruption-free home affairs. For example, Sweden, the third cleanest country in terms of corruption, is said to bribe its way to multi-million dollar business deals in Uzbekistan.
On the other hand, it is reported that a worldwide value of about 1 trillion dollars is wasted through corruption every year; a tremendous sum of money that could be used to eradicate poverty, hunger and solve many global crises.
Interested in General Knowledge and Current Affairs? Click here to stay informed and know what is happening around the world with our G.K. and Current Affairs section.almost are same Corruption practices of Congress ,BJP,plus Refugees and Humanitarian Corruption In New Delhi-India were to go ?
By:Kassim Isse Dhuhulow (Mr.blackgold),
Freelance Journalist and advocate for Somali Community in India,